Friday 5 August 2011

This week I'm grateful for...

...friends.

I have some really, really amazing friends. They have to be to put up with me!

I moved into a flat-share with some friends before I had Kit, within 3 months of living with them I was pregnant. The plans of a party flat were somewhat pushed aside as I got fatter and fatter. My friends were so supportive though, and (although they probably don't realise) I couldn't have got through my pregnancy without them. Once I had Kit it was the visits that I had from them and other friends which kept me sane. None of my friends pre-Kit have children, but they still want to spend time with me and my child. I don't tell them how grateful I am for them, I should.

This week I was supposed to be hosting a Netmums meetup in my local area (an opportunity for local parents to get together to make friends). We were going to have a picnic. It rained! It was the second picnic that I organised where it rained, I think my third meetup might have to be indoors, or maybe it's third time lucky?! Anyway, needless to say it was cancelled (again). I went down to check that noone actually turned up though, as I thought it would be the worst day ever for someone if they turned up (in the rain) to make some friends, and ended up in a field, in the rain, alone! (Noone was there). I did get a text though. One of the Mums who I had emailed my number said she was on her way, so we met up in a local cafe, drunk coffee, tried to keep our toddlers from running out the door into the rain, and we made friends. I'm grateful.

2 comments:

  1. I'm grateful for you too. Love ya loads xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you made a buddy even though the meet up was rained out. That's fate! x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...