Friday 19 August 2011

Easy knitted flowers

I'm trying to create enough bits and bobs to do a craft fair at Christmas with my friend Jess (she is doing much better than me!). I've started knitted a big batch of knitted flowers which I intend to jazz up a bit further later. I'll also be knitting some smaller ones to use as embellishments for other things.



They are really easy to make so I thought I would share the outline of the pattern with you....


Basically, you cast on however many stitches you so wish (depends how big and how swirly you want your flower to be - I've been using about 12 for mine).
Row 1 - K
Row 2 - P
Row 3 - (K1 inc1) to end - so you should have twice the number of stitches you cast on
Row 4 - P
Row 5 - (K1 inc1) to end - so you should have four times the number of stitches you cast on
Row 6 - P
Cast off

Then you just swirl them around into a spiral.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...