Monday 22 August 2011

Quick toddler dinners.

When I first started weaning Kit, I was intending to be militant about his diet. I have to say I've slipped quite a lot. I'm not a big fan of cooking, but I do want to try to keep giving Kit healthy homemade food as much as I can. I do resort to buying food out some of the time - we go for scrambled egg brunches a bit too often probably, and I must have the only 2-year old that will eat rocket because Kit often gets Cafe Nero's pasta with tomato and rocket (minus the pesto dressing, because he likes it without!). I thought there must be other lazy cooks out there who also want to cook for their kids, but don't want to spend hours in the kitchen, so here are our favourite quick and easy meals.



Spag bol, (bolognaise being Quorn in passata with onions, sweetcorn and peas and sometimes low salt and sugar baked beans in it too, yummy!)
Pasta, pesto, pinenuts, tomatoes, parmasan cheese.
Pasta, cream cheese, spinach, tomatoes.
Couscous with veg in chopped tomato or passata with garlic.
Sweet potato, leek and spinach frittata. (yep the second time I've used spinach, my son loves it).
Sweet potato chips (roasted sweet potato that has been sprinkled with paprika). - not a meal I realise, but a good side.
Pitta bread pizzas - pittas with chopped tomatoes, veg (mushrooms, sweetcorn, peppers) and cheese on top.
Macaroni cheese (pasta in cheese sauce - cheese, milk and flour) with tomatoes and spinach or broccoli stirred in (sometimes sprinkled with cheese and popped in the oven for a bit - sometimes not!)

If you want other veggie children dinners idea check over on The Veggie Experience
If anyone else has any yummy, easy and quick recipes that they can recommend, please let me know.

3 comments:

  1. Nice ideas...my kids love veggie spag bol and pasta with pesto. You might like this recipe which I cooked this week: http://wedonteatanythingwithaface.blogspot.com/2011/09/butternut-squash-sweet-potato-and-goats.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for entering my link up. Some really great ideas!! My girls (4 and 2) love rocket too and we also love pitta pizzas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the wonderful idea ! Definitely works in the future

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...