Wednesday 3 August 2011

Listography : Kid's Films

1. The Muppet Christmas Carol


I realise that this is the least seasonally appropriate film to choose, especially given the current tropical weather. BUT, this is probably my most favouritist, bestist film ever. I could watch it year around, it just makes you feel all warm and happy inside. Kit will like it, whether he wants to or not!








2. Elmo in Grouchland

We only bought this the other day, but it's the biggest ever hit with Kit. He laughed, he cried, and he shouted 'Elmo', 'Elmo', 'Elmo', constantly. He also went to fetch his blanket to give to Elmo (you'll have to watch it to understand!). I've never known someone to be so emotionally involved with a film as Kit was with this (and all while also doing jigsaws!).



3. Kiki's Delivery Service

I apologise for the pic but it's the best I could find to illustrate Kit's love of this film. I swear he just wants to watch it so that he can get me to lift him up to fly!





4. My Neighbour Totoro
Another Studio Ghibli films, I love them (as I've mentioned on here before). I love the fact that there are more to the stories than just a story, they teach (I don't want to say morals) a better way to live. I think so many kids films are just about entertaining, I want to show Kit films where the characters show him how to become the lovely person I know he will. The characters in this film are adorable.




5. Alice in Wonderland - probably the Disney version, but who can really resist Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter, maybe Disney is over-rated!


Check out the other listography posts over at Kate Takes 5
Photobucket"/>

2 comments:

  1. Interesting - haven't seen loads of these. I do like the idea of you forcing your little one to like the movies you do...'Do NOT get up from that sofa until you credits roll..'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to use threats and bribery. 'You will watch this and you will like it, or I will eat all the biscuits!' Normally I end up watching things alone while my son has escaped to dig in the duplo tub with the packet of biscuits! :(

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...