Thursday 14 July 2011

Studio Ghibli



I'm not a big fan of sitting in front of the TV unless I'm already doing something else (I like the background noise), and I especially don't like the idea of my toddler sitting watching it all day - I'd much rather be out and about or him be doing something. That said I love studio Ghibli films, and I am so happy that Kit seems to share my love.

We had a long time of watching Charlie and Lola DVDs whenever he saw and could reach the case if we were stuck inside for whatever reason. Now I frequently get asked 'Kiki? Kiki?' or brought the case for Kiki's Delivery Service or My Neighbour Totoro. I haven't shown him any others yet as he only last 20 mins max so I'd rather wait until he can watch the whole thing to show him more films.
(He especially likes the scene in Kiki where her dad lifts her up over his head, and without fail he runs over to me to do the same everytime he sees it.) Love him.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I absolutely love Studio Ghibli as well. They just seem to have interesting storylines and more complicated characters than what you get with Disney and Pixar. I love Kiki's Delivery Service and My neighbour Totoro too! Your toddler will the coolest kid who watches something beside Dora!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...