I thought I'd join in with the Friday Club on Notes from Home this week. If you haven't picked it up from my blog so far, I'm a single mum, so it may seem odd that I would want to write a post to Kit on...
Five things I want you to know about your father
But I do want my son to know his father. And I don't want him to know him negatively (no matter how I may feel towards the man!). I've worked hard to try to ensure that Kit has the best possible relationship with his Dad and it is one of the biggest guilts that I have to live with, that he won't grow up seeing him everyday. So here are the five things I would like him to know, and I will try to focus on him knowing as he grows up to ensure that no matter what, the relationship that Kit has with his Dad is something that he treasures.
1. ..cried when you were born, happy tears. I'm sure you'll cause him to cry many more happy tears in your life.
2. ..is a parkaholic, and when he is around he will take you to the park come rain or shine! I think that is why he bought a house right next to one!
3. ..is the best chess player I know. If you ask him to he'd love to teach you how to play. In fact he would love to play any board game with you.
4. ..was awarded a medal at his work. He must have been doing something right, but I'm not sure what so you'll have to ask him yourself!
5. ..might not always be there, but he does love you and always will.
I hope that Kit can think of a better five things that he likes to know about his father as he grows up.