Wednesday 2 November 2011

Fabric Pom Poms

I started to make Kit a quilt tonight (hopefully more to be shared later!). We took the sides off of his cotbed last week, so now it is just a bed! He'd climbed out of the cot one morning and I woke up to 'where are you mummy?' getting louder and louder until a small child appeared in my bed! I had hoped to get the quilt done before taking the sides off but I didn't want to wake up to a thud, so now I am on a mission to get it done asap. First task was to cut out the patches. I had to stop before I'd managed to do the last lot of material because one of the panels is massively creased and I don't have an iron!





From the patches I had cut out I had lots of little scraps of materials which didn't seem good for anything, but I hate to waste pretty material, no matter how small. I remembered that I had a new pom pom maker that you could use with strips of material, so I thought I would test it out.






I only had enough scraps for one pom pom, but I know what I'll be doing with all my fabric scraps now!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I like your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comments. I'm going to try to make a homemade version of the device I was using as I wanted to make smaller fabric pompoms. My just end up using a small tuning stick! Shall post a how-to when I get around to doing it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...