Tuesday 21 February 2012

Pancakes!!

I mentioned in my listography list that I love craft magazines. Well, one of the magazines that I love is Mollie Makes. This month, in honour of pancake day, they had a pattern for making your own felt pancakes and frying pan.


Well I saw them and I thought, I have to make that for Kit for pancake day. So I stayed up until the early hours last night sewing Kit some play pancakes! I literally only made one of these pancakes, and then I improvised a different kind of pancake, because I really needed to get some sleep! Kit already has wooden frying pan so he didn't need one anyhow. Needless to say, Kit is on an anti-pancake crusade today so isn't in the slightest bit interested in playing with them!



We did of course make actual pancakes this afternoon. Kit enjoyed stirring the batter. We used this recipe, for American style pancakes, as I don't like the regular style ones. I was quite happy with the result as I'm definitely not a natural pancake maker! In Kit's anti-pancake stance (he normally love pancakes) he kept saying that the pancakes wouldn't fit in his tummy so he didn't eat much. I'm guessing that his cold is bothering him a bit more than he is letting on!


Happy pancake day everyone.

1 comment:

  1. how fun! i've had an eye on some felt play food patterns for a while. looks like yours turned out well! x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...