Monday 4 November 2013

Pumpkins and vampires

We went to get our pumpkins from Slindon pumpkin farm to see their famous display.



This year I didn't think Kit was ready to carve one himself, although I will let him help next year. So I carved the pumpkin, but something scary happened.


One evening my mum carved a pumpkin...
  A vampire pumpkin.
It bit me and now I only feed on pumpkin innards...
 (Except I don't - pumpkins are friends not food so I've refused to try my mum's creations).

So to 'feed' Kit (or not) I made pumpkin soup

 
 I used a recipe from a pumpkin recipe book we got from Slindon, which was very basic, onions, pumpkin, milk, sugar, salt and pepper - I actually didn't weigh anything so that is technically all you need to know.

And baked pumpkin seeds (which I burnt but the ones that weren't burnt were yummy).


 
I boiled the seeds in salty water for 10 mins, put them in a pre-heated oven at 350C for about 50 mins, tossed them in cinnamon sugar and a bit more cinnamon and back in the oven for about 10 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...