Wednesday 7 December 2011

My biggest chore!

This post is for my Dad. Having retired (and prior to retirement I believe) he has invested a fair amount of time on washing up. I strongly believe that washing up is mens work. I hate washing up. I think that since I've been the only capable washer-upper in my home the thing I have found the most traumatic is trying to motivate myself to do the washing up.

My kitchen is tiny, it's packed full of stuff, as a consequence it has a stairgate on the door and is deemed toddler-unfriendly at present. Unfortunately that means that there are certain things that I can't do with Kit (although we move a lot of stuff to the bathroom sink or just do food related things on his table). One of those things is teaching him to do the washing up. And he is so keen to wash up too! Whenever we go to my parents he practically begs to do the washing-up. Washing-up being mens work I tend to step aside to allow Kit some quality Grandad time (I don't think Grandad considers it quality time as he doesn't enjoy the amount of water that leaves the sink!). I wonder how long it will be before Kit can (happily of course) do all the washing up in our house!



I fully expect that by the time Kit's enthusiasm could be considered useful he will share my hatred towards the task, but I can dream! 

2 comments:

  1. For someone who in the past has posted "I personally don't consider any activity to be gender specific", washing-up cannnot just be men's work!! Dad xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never said I wasn't a hypocrit! Besides, you love washing up - we wouldn't want to take that away from you! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...